- Browse bikes
- Top bikes
- News & reviews
- Free classifieds
Review of the 2008 Mikilon CY250A:
Author: Robin, 2009-08-17|
Have been riding the 300cc, same as 250. Have had a great time on it for very little money and repairs.
Should anyone have one of these bikes or is getting one feel free to contact me for hints on how to extend your life of your bike. The first thing to do if you can is pull the bike apart completely and check every bolt and nut. Replace bolts with better quality is the best. While bike is apart do some of the below. Remember these are cheap bikes you get what you pay for, BUT for a few extra dollars you can make it 90% better. |
Parts are cheap but I try not to replace anything with the same if it fails, not that there has been many.
Below are some of the basics to do.
1) Run engine for five minutes then flush oil out and clean filter. You MUST do this on all Chinese bikes as they dont clean the inside of the engines very well at all. Do this four times, yes four times. These engines will last and last if you do this.
2)Re-build rear shock. Ask me how
3)Check wiring and fuse under seat, replace
3) Check spokes after every ride or replace wheels with better quality. Depends how much money you want to spend. I am still on my first set, they are doing fine but need care
4) Repace rear rubber with larger size
and fit rim lock
5) Reduce rear sprocket to 44 teeth to increase speed,Gearing is way to low.
6) If you intend to ride hard have the swing arm welded up better by fitting a plate on the underside of the cross member
7)Fit a over flow bottle under the ride hand tank plastic and fit pipe from cooling into this.
8) Change brake oil (I think they use water lol)and bleed
That is a few things to get you going, sounds bad but its not. I did not want to spend 10K as I have too many toys already but this was the best way to get out there and do it.
Cost me 3k and I have only spent Dollars 300. on parts, but I have enough parts to rebuild 10 rear shocks.
This review of the 2008 Mikilon CY250A was posted by a visitor on Bikez.com and does not necessarily reflect facts, truth or Bikez.com's opinions.
Write a motorcycle review yourself?You are welcome to write motorcycle articles on Bikez.com. Write about anything your fellow riders might find interesting to know about a bike. Use our standard picture or upload your own. All reviews will be checked manually before they turn up online, usually within 24 hours. To write a quick comment or discuss a bike, use our discussion forums.
Click here to write a review.